- Isa 64:8 Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
- Rom 9:19-21 But who are you, O man, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'" Does
not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?
- Isa 29:13-16 The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their
worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men. Therefore once more I will astound these people with wonder upon wonder; the wisdom of the
wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish." Woe to those who go to great depths to hide their plans from the Lord, who do their work
in darkness and think, "Who sees us? Who will know?" You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is
formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me"? Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows nothing"?
- Hos 2:14-3:1 "Therefore I am now going to allure her;I will lead her into the desertand speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards,
and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope.There she will sing as in the days of her youth,as in the day she came up out of Egypt. "In that day,"
declares the Lord,"you will call me 'my husband';you will no longer call me 'my master.' I will remove the names of the Baals from her lips;no longer will
their names be invoked. In that day I will make a covenant for themwith the beasts of the field and the birds of the airand the creatures that move along
the ground.Bow and sword and battleI will abolish from the land,so that all may lie down in safety. I will betroth you to me forever;I will betroth you in
righteousness and justice,in love and compassion. I will betroth you in faithfulness,and you will acknowledge the Lord. "In that day I will respond,"
declares the Lord—"I will respond to the skies,and they will respond to the earth; and the earth will respond to the grain,the new wine and oil,and they
will respond to Jezreel. I will plant her for myself in the land;I will show my love to the one I called 'Not my loved one.'I will say to those called 'Not my
people,' 'You are my people';and they will say, 'You are my God.'"
- Isa 43: 18-21 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am
making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert
and streams in the wasteland, to give drink to my people, my chosen, the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.
- Isa 48:17-18 This is what the Lord says — your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go. If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness
like the waves of the sea.
- Jer 29:11-14 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will
be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity
- 1 Cor 2:8-10 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"
— but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
- Ex 10:26 until we get there we will not know what we are to use to worship the Lord."
- Isa 49:1 Before I was born the Lord called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name.
- Phil 1:3-6 I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel
from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
- Rom 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- Prov 19:21 Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.
- 1 Thess 4:7-8 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who
gives you his Holy Spirit.
- Eccl 2:10-11 I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward
for all my labor. 11 Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the
wind; nothing was gained under the sun.
- Eccl 12:13-14 Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole [duty] of
man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.
- Rom 9:16-18 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this
very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." Therefore God has mercy on whom he
wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.
- Jer 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
- Psalms 139 O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You
discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord. You hem me
in — behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. Where can I go from your
Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings
of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness will
hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to
you. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works
are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of
the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me
are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with
you. If only you would slay the wicked, O God! Away from me, you bloodthirsty men! They speak of you with evil intent; your adversaries misuse your
name. Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord, and abhor those who rise up against you? I have nothing but hatred for them; I count them my
enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the
- Ps 40:2-3 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song
in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.
- Acts 17:24-28 "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he
is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he
made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should
live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 'For in him we live
and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'
- 2 Cor 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
- Prov 4:25-5:1 Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you. Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do
not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.
- Isa 30:20-21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
- Isa 65:24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.
- Matt 10:37-42 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not
worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life
for my sake will find it. "He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. Anyone who receives a prophet
because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a
righteous man's reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will
certainly not lose his reward."
- Gen 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but
you must master it."
- Matt 26:41 "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."
- Matt 12:43-45 "When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the
house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked
than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."
- Heb 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those
who have been trained by it.
- Ps 25:16-21 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish.
Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins. See how my enemies have increased and how fiercely they hate me! Guard my life
and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in you. May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you.
- Ps 31:12-15 I have become like broken pottery. For I hear the slander of many; there is terror on every side; they conspire against me and plot to
take my life. But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me.
- Ps 32:7-10 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah I will instruct you and
teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must
be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts
- 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but
everyone to come to repentance.
- Isa 49:15-16 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not
forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.
- 2 Peter 1:5-9 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and
to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess
these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But if
anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
- Matt 11:28-12:1 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am
gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
- Eph 6:10-20 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's
schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and
against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to
stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of
righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of
faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of
God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the
saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for
which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
- Ex 33:14 The Lord replied, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
- Mark 6:30-31 The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught. Then, because so many people were coming
and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."
- Gen 2:2-3 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. And God blessed
the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
- Phil 4:5-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace
of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Ps 90:12 Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.
- Luke 9:23-27 Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For
whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or
forfeit his very self? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of
the Father and of the holy angels.
- Isa 30:21-22 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."
- Ps 51:1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions.
- Ps 51:9 Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity.
- Deut 28:20 The Lord will send on you curses, confusion and rebuke in everything you put your hand to, until you are destroyed and come to sudden
ruin because of the evil you have done in forsaking him.
- Ps 71:24 My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long, for those who wanted to harm me have been put to shame and confusion .
- Prov 9:6 Leave your impoverished confusion and live! Walk up the street to a life with meaning."
- 1 Kings 8:57-58 May God, our very own God, continue to be with us just as he was with our ancestors — may he never give up and walk out on us.
May he keep us centered and devoted to him, following the life path he has cleared, watching the signposts, walking at the pace and rhythms he laid
down for our ancestors.
- Mic 5:4 He will stand tall in his shepherd-rule by God's strength, centered in the majesty of God-Revealed. And the people will have a good and
safe home, for the whole world will hold him in respect — Peacemaker of the world!
- Prov 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
- 1 John 3:19-24 This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence whenever our hearts
condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before
God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the
name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is
how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
- 1 Peter 5:10-11 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you
and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
- Neh 9:28 "But as soon as they were at rest, they again did what was evil in your sight. Then you abandoned them to the hand of their enemies so
that they ruled over them. And when they cried out to you again, you heard from heaven, and in your compassion you delivered them time after time.
- 1 Peter 1:6-9 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that
your faith — of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire — may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor
when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled
with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
- Jer 9:7 Therefore this is what the Lord Almighty says: "See, I will refine and test them, for what else can I do because of the sin of my people?
- Ps 12:6 And the words of the Lord are flawless, like silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times.
- Heb 13:6 So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
- Ps 25:14 The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
- 1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect